What is it?
Melasma can be described as the blotchy brownish areas and freckle-like spots that form on a women’s face that could be formed due to consumption of birth control pills or during pregnancy
Our experts can treat this most troublesome and chronic ailment with a range of treatments. It is known to be best treated with ‘Chemical Peels’, a Balanced diet, and appropriate skincare management. The dermatologist may also recommend certain medications depending on each patient’s case.
Chemical peels- During this procedure, our experts will apply a chemical solution to the melasma. This can help remove excess pigment.
Benefits of seeking treatment
- Decrease how much pigment your body makes.
- Even out your skin tone, restoring it to your natural color
What causes Melasma?
Factors like the following are observed to cause melasma-
- Medications like Birth Control pills
- Tanning beds
- Thyroid disease
Are there any measures one must take before getting a chemical peel?
- Inform the doctor about your medical history
- Before you get a chemical peel, your doctor may ask you to stop taking certain drugs and prepare your skin by using other medications