What is it?
Eczema is a condition in which the spots on the skin become inflamed, itchy, cracked, and rough. Some types can also cause blisters while psoriasis is a condition where the body makes cells too quickly which causes it to form visible patches.
How can we treat it?
For Psoriasis and Eczema, moisturizing creams like Hydrocortisone creams and ointments help-
- Reduce the itching sensation
- Decrease inflammation
If your skin is cracked or bleeding, an ointment will probably feel better than a cream. Ointments are less irritating and more soothing than creams. Consult our dermatologists for an appropriate treatment plan for your skin type
Is Psoriasis contagious?
No, Psoriasis is not contagious.
What are some factors that can trigger psoriasis?
Although Psoriasis cannot be justified by these factors, they are shown to be linked to-
- Infections, such as strep throat
- Some medications, including lithium, prednisone, and hydroxychloroquine
- Weather, especially cold, dry weather
What are the symptoms of eczema?
- Dry / Scaly skin
- skin flushing
- Open, crusted, or weeping sores
How can you protect your eczema-affected skin in summer?
- Use fragrance-free cleansers made for sensitive skin
- Use shade and air conditioning to keep from getting overheated
- If your eczema is mild, an over-the-counter, gentle, fragrance-free moisturizer, can help